The Graphics card has at least one HDMI port for connecting the projector and monitor. But nowadays, graphic cards may come with multiple HDMI ports. The second port is used if you have multiple screens and projectors. Because if you have only one HDMI port, it might be difficult to attach multi-devices with it.
But don’t worry, I still have ways to connect the second display device. For that purpose, you can use motherboard HDMI. But you consider some things before plugging your monitor into the motherboard HDMI.
Let’s see some guidelines and manual inspection to enable the motherboard HDMI for connecting multiple display devices on windows. They will help you enable the motherboard HDMI port and use it for your main monitor.
What Is HDMI?
High definition multimedia interface works as a connector for electronic devices. It’s compressed or uncompressed video and audio data by using HDMI sources. This connector is good at transmitting high quality and high bandwidth. The Graphics card has limited built-in HDMI ports, so if you want more display, you can enable a motherboard HDMI motherboard display port that extends your capabilities of workers.
Gaming Benefits You Get By Using Motherboard HDMI
There are several benefits of using motherboard HDMI. But the most obvious one is you can connect multiple display devices with the help of motherboard HDMI.
If you are gaming love, you can use multiple monitors for gaming and another to keep records and track hardware and ram use. You can also use it to browse for helpful tips and tricks to improve your game.
Games come with huge graphics, so one graphic card may not be enough for you. In that case, the second monitor helps you keep your performance high.
There are many situations when you need to enable motherboard HDMI. Some situations are mentioned below:
- If your computer has a limited port on your graphic card and you want to expand them.
- There is another situation when your graphic card HDMI port is damaged.
I think the HDMI port on the motherboard is faster than any other HDMI port, but still, it depends on many factors and components.
Follow the Methods
How Do I Enable HDMI On Windows 10?
What to do if the HDMI port is not working in your Windows 10. Have a look:
1st Method: The first thing you need to do is check the HDMI port connection. After that, disconnect all HDMI ports and unplug the power cable. Wait for 10 minutes to connect your HDMI and power cable to your computer. It may work out.
- Right-click on the taskbar volume button.
- Select playback device and open a new playback tab.
- Select HDMI, or may it show a digital output device instead of HDMI.
- Select default and click on the ok button. Now check it and enjoy.
- You may need to restart your computer to save all changes successfully.
If you want to enable the motherboard HDMI port on your computer, you need to follow one of these steps according to your situation. These are very authentic ways to plug HDMI into the motherboard or GPU. Don’t try to use any shortcuts because it may cause motherboard damage and overheat the computer. So let’s start!
The first thing you have to do is check your CPU with integrated graphics. The motherboard is not working on GPU. There are many ways to confirm whether the system has that setting or not.
The simplest method is to access the device manager and choose the display adapter menu to confirm that the CPU has integrated graphics. There is another method to find the processor model, and you will know the things online:
- Open settings and go to the system.
- Click on the about button/section.
- There you find the processor model.
- Right-click on my computer or this pc and Select Properties.
- You can see the processor model. Note the model name and search it on google to find out whether it has integrated graphics or not.
You can now enable motherboard HDMI bios after confirmation that your system has integrated graphics. The next step is to enable BIOS. Follow these steps to enable it:
- Restart your computer and keep pressing one of these keys (F1, F2, F8, F12, Escape, and delete). That will help you to open BIOS. Then you will find the exact key on the manual of your motherboard.
- BIOS interface is different from motherboard models. BIOS contains all Essential settings of the computer.
- You must carefully navigate from one screen to another BIOS screen because it’s not good to unintentionally modify the other settings.
- Find the BIOS section.
- Search for multiple display settings. You just make sure this setting is enabled. If it’s enabled, it will activate the motherboard HDMI.
- Save the settings and hit the enter button to confirm the new settings and changes.
- Restart your computer to enable these changes.
When motherboard HDMI is enabled, you can connect the monitor and projectors. Follow these steps to connect multiple monitors to the CPU.
- Connect the primary monitor to the HDMI port placed on the back of the video card. And after that, plug the second monitor into the HDMI of your motherboard.
- Plug the ends of HDMI cables on both monitors respectively.
- Your computer detects the monitors when your connection is established successfully.
- Now configures the display settings by clicking right on the primary desktop monitors screen. And select display settings and open it. Now you can arrange settings according to your desire and configure them.
Every system has different specifications, so some may face the secondary screen’s detection problems. Even if they are enabled, the motherboard HDMI configures the display settings correctly. They may cause because onboard graphic drivers are outdated and might not install. If you have to face this type of problem, you must install the graphic drivers and update them by following these steps:
- Search for the device manager in your computer’s window bar and open it.
- Under the other device, the section chooses the unidentified device.
- After that, visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers. You can find drivers by searching the CPU model.
- You may use an alternative method and let the pc search for the latest updates of graphic drivers by availing check for updates option. That is a window feature that helps download the latest drivers.
- After downloading the drivers, run them and install them according to the given On-screen instructions.
- To save all these changes, you have to restart your computer and detect the second monitor.
How to Use Motherboard VGA?
VGA monitors are good for the focal points of view. They are huge definition panels that are used instead of a VGA display. You can also use them as a second monitor. Here are the steps:
- Power off the computer and make sure it shuts down properly because it may cause damage.
- Look where the VGA port is placed in your system/ computer. It has many pinholes. If your motherboard doesn’t have a VGA port, then you can use a video card VGA port or DVI port.
- Plug the VGA monitor cable to the VGA port on the motherboard. Make sure it fits properly and tight the thumbscrews. If you use a DVI port, plug it into the DVI port and tight.
- Turn on the computer. Ensure the VGA port is enabled, and enter the BIOS to ensure it’s enabled if you are using an adaptor and video card no need to use BIOS code. Once the computer is started, adjust video settings according to your desire.
- It will used for gaming purposes also, and you can enable and download motherboard tuff gaming on VGA monitors. You may just additionally check the BIOS settings and adjust the VGA settings and must install updated drivers.
Frequently Ask Queries
The computer has many ports on the backside. All these ports have some tasks to perform. HDMI is one of them. If you are using a graphic card, then the HDMI port on the motherboard is disabled automatically. Above I mentioned steps to enable it. But enabling motherboard HDMI without integrated graphics seems not possible.
Hardware damage and failure cause trouble for the MSI motherboard and HDMI. Replacing the motherboard is extremely expensive, but some graphic cards are also expensive.
MSI HDMI is used as a motherboard onboard graphic card. Make sure the card is properly fitted and used because if it’s not fitted or settled properly, you may think it’s faulty.
If you are using ASRock, can’t get the onboard graphics and are not working on ASRock. Here are some steps to boot the onboard graphics and enable HDMI:
1) First, you have to press the DEL button, or you can press F2 also to enter the BIOS code.
2) Select advance menu. Choose chipset configuration.
3) Now you can set the primary graphic adapter setting to onboard.
4) Press F10 and save the changes to enable HDMI and use onboard graphics for ASRock and restart the computer.
You can go to BIOS settings. After that, it will show the advanced features of BIOS. Now set the lint display to onboard. Change onboard VGA settings by clicking on always enable. Now, shut down your computer to plug in the graphic card in the x16 slot.
You need to connect an HDMI enabled monitor to the motherboard HDMI. May it work for your problem? If not, you may forget to turn on the BIOS. In some cases, you are using an upgraded and heavy system that can’t stand for older or outdated graphic card and motherboard HDMI or vice versa.
Yes, you can do that, and for that purpose, you can use the back HDMI port on the motherboard. There are some things you must consider before plugging in your second monitor. If you read this article, you are well aware of them.
Suppose the GPU is connected with 2 HDMI ports. Then you can use three onboard HDMI to connect with three or multiple monitors. But keep in mind motherboard HDMI port must enable.
Suppose you want to use it to connect your android mobile phone or tablet to the display screen. Just make sure it enables the HDMI port connection settings on your device. If not, go to settings, and there will be an option to display entries. Open it after that, and you will be able to see the HDMI connections. If the settings are disabled, then enable it.